Saturday, October 2, 2010

Thursday, September 30

    Whew!  It has been a busy week!  This was “midterms week,” so we had a lot of work to do.  We are creating a homestay portfolio including maps of Bangata, a flow diagram of resources entering and leaving our home, a paper on gender, a chart of household activities, a paper on globalization, and a paper about where we are personally after over a month in Tanzania.  We also had our Kiswahili exam today.  I am just about finished with all of the work now.  It will be nice to be able to relax this weekend, knowing that my work is done.  The Kiswahili exam wasn’t too hard.  We just had to answer some questions about our family and have a couple of conversations.  I think it is pretty amazing that we can hold conversations after only 3 weeks of classes.
    It has been pretty quiet around home this week.  Noeli went back to school for something and Bahati is housesitting for a relative in Arusha.  Luckily, it has allowed me to get a lot of work done in the evenings after cooking dinner with Mama.  I think Noeli and Bahati are coming home tomorrow to say goodbye.
    I have once again lived up to my reputation as having trouble with doors.  Yesterday, when I arrived home from school, the door was locked.  The keys were in it, so I tried to open it.  It wasn’t working, so I just pulled on the handle to see if that would help.  It didn’t.  The handle just pulled out, and I heard a clunk inside as the other side of the handle fell onto the floor.  Luckily, Mama heard it and came to let me in after she figured out how to reattach the handle!

No comments:

Post a Comment