Saturday, October 2, 2010

Friday, October 1

    I can’t believe that it is time to leave Bangata already.  Today was our homestay party.  It was really fun to get dressed up and see the dresses that everyone’s families had made for them.  We had a huge, delicious feast with all of the students, families, and teachers.  I enjoyed meeting all of the families that I had heard so much about.  Unfortunately, Baba Jack (our academic director) was unable to come, because he was bitten by a spider and can’t walk!  We presented skit and some songs that we had practiced in Kiswahili and made complete fools of ourselves!  On our way home, Hannah and I were stopped by a crazy old drunk lady who wanted Hannah’s shirt!  You just never know what will happen in Bangata.  Tonight, Bahati painted my nails with blue glittery nail polish!  Saying goodbye is going to be hard tomorrow, but I’m hoping to get back up here to visit again before December.

No comments:

Post a Comment