Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sunday, October 3

 It was sad to leave my family in Bangata.  They really made me feel comfortable and took very good care of me.  It felt like the close of a major phase of the semester.  Looking at the calendar, it seems like the rest of the semester is just going to fly by.
 We were back at Klub Afriko in Arusha for the weekend.  I got some much-needed rest!  I am really starting to be more comfortable in Arusha.  Yesterday was the first time I made the trip to town by myself, because I had to stop at the SIT office on the way.  I have a pretty bad sense of direction, but I can get to more and more places now!  Lash night, we all went out to a club called Maasai Camp.  Somehow, we ended up with 8 people in our taxi, plus the driver!  There was a really interesting mix of people there, and it was definitely a cultural experience.  At least I can cross “dancing with a drunk Maasai warrior” off the bucket list!

No comments:

Post a Comment