Saturday, September 25, 2010

Thursday, September 16

Yesterday was a nice day spent in Arusha.  We went to a huge open-air food market where they sell fruit, vegetables, beans, rice, fish, and anything else they can find!  We also went to Shoprite, which is the closest thing here to an American grocery store.  We all went to the Hot Bread Shop to go online, but my laptop refused to connect to the wifi.  We had some delicious lunch at Milk and Honey.  I had chipsi (french fries) with chicken and vegetables.  I even found some ice cream for dessert!  It was my first real dessert here.  There are noovens anywhere, so there are no cakes, cookies, or any other baken goods.  I'll have to survive off fruit for dessert!  I was finally able to go online this afternoon. 
     Today was just another morning of Kiswahili.  We had a really interesting discussion with some Bangatans about development and gender issues this afternoon.  This evening, Noel and I visited Jason so they could exchange some American music.  Bahati made rice with meat and vegetables for dinner.  It was very good, besides the chunks and shards of bone you have to watch out for!

1 comment: