Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sunday, September 5

This morning I got up and was given a bucket to take a shower.  It worked better than I expected! Noel and I went to church with our cousins.  On the way there, two little girls stopped to give me flowers!  The service was very long, but I sat with with little cousins and they were really cute.  It was super crowded, so the kids were on our laps, and the littlest one fell asleep.  Afterwards, there was another auction outside complete with vegetable, old clothes, a whole banana tree, and a live chicken.  Noel left to return to school this afternoon.  First, he helped me hang my mosquito net.  Mama taught me how to pull maize kernels off the cob, to wash dishes, to peel very small potatoes with a very large, dull knife, and to make fried green bananas.  With a little salt and ketchup, they are just like french fries!  Noel made sure I knew how to use the tv so I won't get too bored here.  Bahati comes home on Tuesday!  Now, I must get some rest before my Kiswahili class in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment